* A lot of people can’t stand touring but to me it’s like breathing. I do it because I’m driven to do it.
* A lot of people don’t have much food on their table. But they got a lot of forks ‘n knives. And they got to cut somethin’.
* A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.
* A mistake is to commit a misunderstanding.
* A song is anything that can walk by itself.
* Act the way you’d like to be and soon you’ll be the way you’d like to act.
* All I can do is be me, whoever that is.
* All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
* All this talk about equality. The only thing people really have in common is that they are all going to die.
* At times in my life the only place I have been happy is when I am on stage.
* Basically you have to suppress your own ambitions in order to be who you need to be.
* Behind every beautiful thing, there’s some kind of pain.
* Being noticed can be a burden. Jesus got himself crucified because he got himself noticed. So I disappear a lot.
* Being on tour is like being in limbo. It’s like going from nowhere to nowhere.
* Chaos is a friend of mine.
* Colleges are like old-age homes, except for the fact that more people die in colleges.
* Democracy don’t rule the world, You’d better get that in your head; This world is ruled by violence, But I guess that’s better left unsaid.
* Don’t criticize what you can’t understand.
* Don’t follow leaders.
* Don’t get up gentlemen. I’m only passing through!
* Don’t matter how much money you got, there’s only two kinds of people: there’s saved people and there’s lost people.
* Every pleasure’s got an edge of pain, pay your ticket and don’t complain.
* He not busy being born is busy dying.
* I accept chaos, I’m not sure whether it accepts me.
* I am against nature. I don’t dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can’t touch with decay.
* I consider myself a poet first and a musician second. I live like a poet and I’ll die like a poet.
* I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.
* I didn’t come out of a cereal box.
* I don’t think the human mind can comprehend the past and the future. They are both just illusions that can manipulate you into thinking there’s some kind of change.
* I failed to communicate, that’s why I chose to leave
* I have dined with kings, I’ve been offered wings. And I’ve never been too impressed.
* I just don’t hear anyone else making the music I’m making in my head, so I’ll have to do it myself.
* I think women rule the world and that no man has ever done anything that a woman either hasn’t allowed him to do or encouraged him to do.
* I say there’re no depressed words just depressed minds.
* I wanted to read all these books, but I would have to have been in a rest home or something to do that
* I was so much older then; I’m younger than that now.
* If ever asked to look at yourself, don’t.
* I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours.
* I’m just glad to be feeling better. I really thought I’d be seeing Elvis soon.
* I’m speaking for all of us. I’m the spokesman for a generation.
* I’ve forgotten more than you’ll ever know
* I’ve never written a political song. Songs can’t save the world. I’ve gone through all that.
* If I wasn’t Bob Dylan, I’d probably think that Bob Dylan has a lot of answers myself.
* If you try to be anyone but yourself, you will fail; if you are not true to your own heart, you will fail. Then again, there’s no success like failure.
* If you want to keep your memories, you first have to live them.
* It’s a wicked life, but what the hell, the stars ain’t falling down.
* Just because you like my stuff doesn’t mean I owe you anything.
* Let me forget about today until tomorrow
* Life is more or less a lie, but then again, that’s exactly the way we want it to be.
* May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong. May you stay forever young.
* May your heart always be joyful. May your song always be sung.
* Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues; you can tell by the way she smiles.
* Money doesn’t talk, it swears.
* New York was a city where you could be frozen to death in the midst of a busy street and nobody would notice.”
* No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.
* People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
* Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
* Some people seem to fade away but then when they are truly gone, it’s like they didn’t fade away at all.
* Sometimes it’s not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don’t mean.
* The longer you live, the better you get.
* The worth of things can’t be measured by what they cost but by what the cost you to get it, that if anything costs you your faith or your family, then the price is too high, and that there are some things that will never wear out.
* There’s only one day at a time here, then it’s tonight and then tomorrow will be today again.
* They say that patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings; steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and then they make you king.
* To live outside the law you must be honest.
* You can never be wise and be in love at the same time.
* You don’t need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.
* You need something to open up a new door, to show you something you seen before but overlooked a hundred times or more.
* We sit here stranded, though we’re all doin’ our best to deny it.
* When you’ve got nothing, you’ve got nothing to lose.
* You call yourself what you want to call yourself. This is the land of the free.
* You’re gonna have to serve somebody; well, it may be the devil, or it may be the Lord, but you’re gonna have to serve somebody…
* You don’t necessarily have to write to be a poet. Some people work in gas stations and they’re poets. I don’t call myself a poet, because I don’t like the word. I’m a trapeze artist.
* You’ve got a lotta nerve to say you are my friend. When I was down you just stood there a grinin.